8.07.2013

making a die-cut layout sketch

Since starting at Pazzles and becoming completely immersed in the world of die-cutting, I've changed the way I scrapbook a bit. I now design my layout on the screen in vector format and then once I have everything sized correctly I can just cut the pieces out. It's truly a beautiful thing. Using your electronic die-cutter to make your layout essentially creates a cut-table sketch.
 
 
Here are the steps I usually take:
1-Pick out my photos and papers
2-Plan a layout that works around my pictures in the Designer Software (I use Pazzles Inspiration Studio) I'm essentially creating a cut-table sketch.
3-Cut out my pieces and lay the base pieces down with my photos.
4-Pull out my embellishments and design the rest using non-cut embellishments.

The beauty of scrapping this way is that I can save it and use the same sketch over and over. I used this same basic sketch on a layout I created for Pazzles but using different papers and embellishments makes them look so very different. (Pazzles Craft Room members can get the sketch for free.)

Give it a shot and you'll be hooked!

Supplies:
Echo Park {Everyday Eclectic}
Prima Flower
Crate Paper Maggie Holes Embellishments
Pazzles Inspiration Die Cutter

1 comment:

http://ilove2cutpaper.blogspot.com/ said...

I love this layout and had a peep at the sketch you used at Pazzles and love that one too. Great to see a different take on the same sketch.