2.14.2013

fly

I guess I'm a little sick of winter because pulling out these colorful spring papers made me ready for some sunshine. I created this layout for the MME sketch challenge using one of their newer lines {the sweetest thing}. I practiced using my alchohol markers for the leaves and then cut them out by hand which took forever, but was worth it. I love how they look sprinkled on the page with some MME enamel dots.



These pictures are all from this past spring when Anna raised butterflies. It was a cool experience. She let them out of their net cage and they sat on her finger for a while before they flew off. She loved having them and was so excited to check on them everyday after school. She got the kit for Christmas with a mail-in card to send off for the caterpillars. Like every good mother I promptly lost the card but told her I'd mailed it while I frantically searched for it. She checked the mail everyday for 2 months. In the meantime I found the card and mailed it, but it took those butterflies FOREVER to get here.

Supplies:
MME {the sweetest thing}
MME Rub-ons,stickers, enamel dots
Lawn Fawn Stamps
American Craft Chromatix Markers
Pazzles Inspiration

No comments: