6.01.2010

A Happy Weekend

Happy Memorial Day! We had a great weekend until it rained all day Monday and spoiled our picnic plans. Saturday more that made up for it though because we had such a great time. We went to Hagerman with the Madarieta clan. We watched the small town Fossil Days parade, or "candy parade" as my kids call it. A much deserved name! Afterwards we went to the little carnival that was set up. This has been an annual tradition for several years now and we love it. Finished up our celebration with a BBQ at a family friends house. My kids loved swinging from the tree swing and running in the big open fields. My "city kids" rarely get to run free without adult supervision and it is pure heaven to them. We ended the day by decorating the graves of our loved ones-especially hard this year. We remembered doing the same thing last year with my uncle while he joked about passing the family's fake flowers onto me. Life is short and sometimes unexpected. I'm so thankful we made time to be together this year and be happy together. Really that is what life is about-the happy peaceful moments smack in the middle of a thousand responsibilities and to-dos!

P.S. I read a fun book this weekend. The Absolultey True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. It is a teen book and a quick read. It's absolutley hilarious and heart warming. I can't remember how I heard about it but definitley a good book.

No comments: