5.27.2010

Use your STASH

I've been trying hard to use some of my older scrapbooking supplies lately. It's ridiculous that I have so much and keep buying more... What can I say-the new stuff is always so cute. Yesterday I made a card and layout and forced myslef to use older stuff. When the old stuff is mixed with new it gives it a fresh look. So next time you scrap give it a try. Pick something old and find new stuff to go with it. Here's what I made:Iused some older patterned papers from Bella Blvd and mixed them with the new The Girls Paperie line. I also used some old stitched letter stickers mixed with new Thickers. The typewritter word strip along the bottom is old too. I finished it off with some new The Girls Paperie diecuts.



I've had this rainbow ribbon in my stash FOREVER. I was getting ready to throw it out when I thought what a cute rainbow it would make. I made a rainbow arch with adhesive, gathered and laid down my ribbon on the adhesive and then stitiched it on with my sewing machine. This adorable yellow cloud paper is new from Pebbles Inc.
It's raining here today-AGAIN! Dear mother nature-I'm sick of it!! My kids are trapped in the house today and Anna is not happy given her new "riding without training wheels" skills. I'm having a craving for some homemade bread so I think I may try making those big soft pretzels with the kids. It might entertain them for a few minutes. I have a recipe I've been wanting to try.

2 comments:

crazyaboutcricut said...

Great idea. I've made that promise to myself too. It motivates me more when I think if I hurry up and use my old stuff, I can buy more new stuff! Great projects too :)

Janet said...

oh!!! I love it!! you are so good.