6.03.2014

life lessons: hidden journaling ideas


I'm trying hard to be better at journaling. I sometimes feel like the journaling messes with the artistic balance of a page and I hate to "wreck" my page with the journaling. After recently looking back at some early pages I realize how precious the journaling is. I had completely forgotten that at three my daughter referred to her legs as "human legs" (as opposed to a mermaid tail.) She was slightly obsessed with Ariel.
I don't want to miss out on the memories just because my page is pretty without words, so I've been working on ways to hide my journaling so it is there, but not front and center. How do you deal with this? What are some good ideas to hide journaling? I'd love some new ideas.

For this layout I cut a background layer and vellum layer the same size of circle on my Pazzles, then printed my journaling and cut it to fit under the vellum. My original idea was that the words would show through the vellum, but then I got a little crazy with the paper layers. I stitched quickly across the top of the three layers to hold it all in place and make it easy to lift the flap and read.
The journaling is a letter to my kids about our recent move and their efforts to make new friends. It's a bit personal anyways, so I like that they can peek at it if they want to, but it is otherwise invisible.
Supplies:
Teresa Collins {He said/She Said}
My Minds Eye {Cut & Paste} Washi Tape


4 comments:

http://ilove2cutpaper.blogspot.com/ said...

Love the hidden journalling idea, sometimes it's nice to keep it private but share the photos.

Vanessa said...

I love your hidden journaling idea! I love your layout too!

Taunya Butler said...

Awesome journaling idea!! I love the private ness of it!! What a fantastic idea - something they will love and cherish! Taunya Butler at https://daisiesgirl.com

Beverly Herdt said...

Michelle, how about taking some ideas from moveable cards, like a slide out piece (think flowerpot cards). And I'm wondering if you can do some fancy folds, like an exploding card to feature your photos and hide your journaling.