4.01.2014

make your own stencils

One of the trends I kept seeing at CHA was stencils. They were everywhere and even companies who had never carried them before had them to match their lines. I had no stencils, but wanted to try some of the techniques I saw right away, so I cut my own on my Pazzles Inspiration.


I made this little arrow stencil in the software and cut it out on some thicker cardstock. I laid it over my card background and used a micron pen to trace inside each of the stencil lines. I went back over the drawn arrows with gold gelatos and rubbed it in with my finger.


As a final touch I sprayed these with black Color Shine. It made such a cool background, almost like making my own patterned paper.
The rest of the card was made with die cut elements. I kind of love that almost everything on these cards is DIY. I even used brown paper lunch sack to make the flower layers. Most of my stuff was packed away for our move, so I had to get a little creative.

We've moved into our new house and I am unpacking my scrap room and trying to be realistic about what to purge and what to keep. It's so hard! I love every scrap and bit of ribbon just as much as the next. I was a little disturbed by my 3 foot stack of Thickers Alphabet Stickers though. That seems a tad excessive! I can't wait to get it all organized and get back to normal.

Linking up to the Moxie Fab World Styling With Stencils Challenge.
 
Supplies:
Faber Castell Gelatos
Heidi Swapp Color Shine
Pebbles Inc. Stickers

No comments: