2.03.2013

valentine banner


 I loved the banner Lori Allred shared this week on her My Craft Channel show {Inspired by Pinterest}. I couldn't wait to recreate it and I started pulling red and white supplies from my stash to see what I could come up with. A quick trip to Craft Warehouse provided the rest of the supplies. The crepe paper fringe banner and the Simple Stories paper where actually Christmas clearance items.
The triangle banner, the moustache, and the & sign were all cut from chalkboard paper and outlined with a white American Crafts glaxy marker.
I used more clearance crepe fringe to make a medallion to place my & sign on. I think this is my favorite piece of the banner. I spray painted clothespins for a few decorative elements, however the pieces are simply stapled on to the fringe banner to hold them tightly.
I had some large heart doilies and I created pom-poms for the center. Check back later in the week and I will do a quick tutorial on these crepe paper pom-poms. All of the moustaches, lips and words were cut on my Pazzles Inspiration.
 
I had so much fun putting this together. It's hanging on my fireplace mantel and it makes me happy everytime I walk by it.
 
Supplies:
Chalkboard Paper
American Crafts Galaxy Marker
Sierra Pacific Crafts Fringe Garland
 
 

4 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so much fun! Love the little mustache in there. :)

Connie Mercer said...

wow~adorable banner!!!

Linda Beeson said...

So completely CUTE!!!!

Unknown said...

Fun little banner!