10.30.2012

Hope You Can Cling To

Splitcoaststampers has a great campaign going on in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness month: Hope You Can Cling To! Every day of October they have posted a new card challenge. After completing your cards, you are instructed to mail them to the MD Anderson Cancer Center where they will bless the lives of cancer patients. Pazzles donated a Pazzles Inspiration machine as one of the prizes and I made a few cards to join in the cause.
This first card I stamped my sentiment and heart shape and then shaded my heart with watercolor pencils and a blender pen. It's honestly been a while since I attempted shading and I found that most of my pens were dried up. I then remembered my watercolor pencils and was able to finish my card. I cut the 'fly' sentiment with my Pazzles Inspiration and stitiched it to the card.

The shading on this next card was done in the same manner. I cut flower backs with my Inspiration and added my stamped and shaded flowers on top.
Both cards were made using October Afternoon {Woodland Park}.

Thanks for stopping by today. Posting has been sporadic as I have been so busy lately, so thanks for hanging in with me :)

No comments: