8.31.2011

And they're off

Yesterday was the first day of school for my kiddos and it went by in a blur. The kids were excited and ready to go early. Anna would not wear the first day of school outfit I picked out for her and instead choose her own. Fine-whatever. I'm sure this is just the beginning of our clothes discussions.
Yesterday was Dylan's first day of Kindergarten. He was mostly excited to ride the bus. I asked him afterwards about his day and our discussion went like this:
Me: How was school?
D: Fine
Me: What did you do?
D: Nothing
Me: Did you have fun?
D: Not that much
Me: Did you make any new friends?
D: My mouth is tired-I don't want to talk anymore.
{Spoken like a true man. I bet Mike wishes he could say that to me sometimes too :) }

So I figured it went alright. Today he was up at 6:30 am, dressed and looking for some breakfast, so there must have been something fun going on at Kindergarten.
I dropped them off at the bus and went home to my completely empty home. I'm not gonna lie-it felt awesome and also a little lonely. But just when I was getting used to it, it was time to go pick up the little guy.

3 comments:

Courtney B said...

Oh wow, kids in my neighborhood have been in school for 2 weeks now!
Yours are adorable :)

Mara Campbell said...

Very cute photos! I hope they have a great school year!

Kiley said...

So cute!