3.08.2010

Made by Me

Every night I sit down to make something and I always end up scrapbooking rather than sewing. Maybe it's the allure of a finished product in 1 hour rather than days. But finally-I sewed something. I inherited some old patterns from my mom and my grandma and I also love to check out thrift stores for old patterns.

I made this nightgown from an old Butterick pattern. I love the cute neckline with buttons-yes BUTTONS! ( it's hard to see on this flannel lined silky material.) I finally did my first buttonholes and it was pretty easy. Granted my sewing machine does automatic buttonholes, but still! I used fabric Anna picked out, but I think I'll make another with some vintage sheets I found at a thrift store. I've been seeing the cutest stuff made with vintage sheets and so I went on a little hunt for my own.

Next I made this little skirt/bloomer combo for my sweet niece.
She just happens to be staying at my house, so I snapped some pics of her wearing it- which was tough. That girl crawls with a purpose. The bloomer part is made from the adorable "spotted owl" fabric by Alexander Henry. I made another version of this skirt for a friend's new baby a few months ago. The pattern for these is once again an older Butterick pattern.

2 comments:

Scrapamum said...

Soooooo cute!

Kiley said...

You are such a sweet autie!! Love that skirt and night gown. Me and my sisters use to wear ones like that all the time!!