12.30.2008

Handmade Christmas

So, my SIL and I promised we'd do handmade this year and it was great. Great in the late nights, Christmas stress kind of way. I vowed to rethink this next year after a few late nights, but as the presents were passed out, I felt so happy. It felt so good to give something that I had put my whole heart into. I was so excited to give these gifts and so excited to see what had been made for us. My SIL made an apron for me, an adorable ballet costume for Anna and a cowboy pillowcase for Dylan. What a great reminder of what gift giving is truly about. Here is what I made:





MATCHING PJ PANTS FOR ALL THE KIDS




HANDMADE DOLLS FOR THE GIRLS


SOCK MONKEYS FOR THE BOYS

A PURSE FOR MY NIECE
AND A RAG QUILT AND SOME BABY STUFF FOR MY SIL!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the theme! So much more personal and I love receiving homemade stuff.

amanda said...

Nice job!!! That is really neat that you personalized it all for them. I love the handmade doll!! I should get your pattern. I can imagine after all the hours of work it was really fun to watch them open their gifts!!